Monday, October 27, 2008

Other Blogs Beneficial?

Educational blogs are a great reading experience for both new and experienced teachers. They provide an excellent viewpoint of education from a completely different perspective. Many of these blogs show personal teaching methods used directly in the classroom. Also, the authors of the educational blogs can share their own personal beliefs about teaching, and their own personal philosophy about education. These two things are a great learning tool to use for up and coming teachers. In the blogs, teachers can also share personal experiences and how they dealt with them. This is also a great thing to take from all the blogs that one would read. Sometimes, one can only learn through experience, and reading about real life problems and how they were handled allows young and older teachers to see what route they could take in certain situations.
One blog that I have been reading has provided me with many of the things I mentioned in the previous paragraph. This blog is titled "So you want to teach? Education for educators". It gives me many links on classroom management, classroom skills, how to multitask, and much more. The blog is also very encouraging for me as well. It has a list of reasons on why to love being a teacher. Another part of the page is something that I found called the "New Teacher Surviver Kit". This is something that I will definitely use in the future. It provides a list of just about everything a teacher should know before entering a classroom. I am very appreciative of this blog because it has given me so much information that I can use in the near future. To see this blog first hand, follow this link: http://www.soyouwanttoteach.com/three-basic-classroom-skills/

1 comment:

Jo Schiffbauer said...

"Sometimes, one can only learn through experience, and reading about real life problems and how they were handled allows young and older teachers to see what route they could take in certain situations."

Jeff, you have caught the essence of how we benefit from reading the blogs of other educators. And I agree that the blog you mentioned provides much good advice for young teachers!